How to Fix Windows Firewall error code 0x80070424
Exact error message comes when i try to start the firewall: Windows Firewall can’t change some of your settings Error code 0x80070424 in Windows xp, Vista, Windows 7, 8
Causes & Solution
This error message 0x80070424 occurs because “Windows firewall” & “Base Filtering Engine” and “BITS” services might be not in running stage or might be not listed in services page, you have to check it first that all the three services are listed ins services page, and are all three in running stage or not. Please try to make them run. if is there any error message comes while starting the service or you couldn’t find the service then follow the below steps to solve the error 0x80070424.
Method 1 (Microsoft fixit’s)
- Download and run below Ms fixit’s and run them one by one.
- Click on start and then type Run in the search bar then click on Run then a run box will be appear in left bottom corner
- Now type in the Rox Box Regedit, then a registry editor windows will be opened
- Now open this following path in registry editor “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE”
- Right click on it permissions
- Then click on ADD and type Everyone and click OK
- After that click on Everyone
- Beneath you will have permission for users
- Allow full control and click OK.
- You can close the registry editor.
Try to start the services
- Click on start and then type Run in the search bar then click on Run then a run box will be appear in left bottom corner now type here services.msc and click OK.
- Here find the service “Base Filtering Engine” service right click on that and click on start so that it can be run
- Here find the service “BITS” service right click on that and click on start so that it can be run
- Here again find the service “Windows firewall” service right click on that and click on start so that it can be run